I'm back in Seattle for about 2 weeks, mainly for my "pays the bills" gig but of course also to see friends and family. Something I didn't expect while here was how out of control amazing the weather would be (and for the record, I never expect the weather to be nice here). Driving back to my hotel after spending time with my niece & nephew and seeing a perfect Mt. Rainier shooting into the sky, I thought the following about my home town:
1) When it's sunny and warm, there really is no city more gorgeous than Seattle.
2) I will never, ever, ever grow tired of seeing Mt. Rainier.
3) There will be so many sunburnt people heading back to work tomorrow (assuming people do go to work tomorrow and aren't "sick" (weather report reads sunny and warm all week)
5) So many Prius'. Gives me the shivers. Maybe that's why people drive so slow here.
6) 103.7 the Mountain is totally un-cool now and it is really upsetting.
7) All of the grocery stores have gone natural, a la Whole Foods. Haggen's even has 'New Age Drinks' highlighted as available in aisle 2.
8) People are really pissed about the Sonics NOT coming back to Seattle. Me included.